Krafty Keely

Krafty Keely

Friday 13 June 2008

Friday 13th!

Can't you tell I am new to this. I just had to put the details of my day down for prosperity.

Some background to my day out.
For the last 12 weeks the house has been in chaos as we had a flood in the cavity which ended up with the floor in the kitchen/diner, utility and hallway up along with walls taken back to bare plaster. Nice look I know, over the last 2 weeks we have had the builder's in fixing all the damage putting in new flooring and decorating.

This week both Craig and I took a week off work (booked ages ago to go on holiday) but as it coincided with the decorating etc ended up staying at home overseeing the work etc. Yesterday everything(almost) was finished Hooray!
So today we had a day out not quite a holiday but better than nothing.
First we went to Haworth, Craig wanted to go on a Steam Train but they weren't running he is still getting over the disappointment. So we then travelled over to Guiseley via this view.



We went through a village with a rather unusual habit

Every car on this stretch had traffic cone near the rear tyre, now I understand why but just found it very funny. Please let me know if you do too as Craig just stared at me as if I was some strange deranged woman.

The cones are to stop other cars getting to close and knocking the wing mirrors. At least that's what we worked it out as. I only managed to catch a picture of the last one but there was a row of about 7 cars each with a traffic cone in exactly the same position.

Anyway in Guiseley our destination was Harry Ramsden's


Craig was in a hurry can you tell?


Unfortunately the 2 for £9.99 offer was not on until after 2pm and Craig may well have cried if he had to suffer the disappointment of waiting as well as no train ride so over priced fish and chips was the order of the day.


If you look closely at the left side of the fish Craig couldn't even wait until I snapped the button on the camera before he started. Then because it flashed he wasn't happy about me using it again to take a photo of my full fish. The meal was lovely, we haven't been out for a while during the day just the 2 of us so we spent most of the time laughing at each other.


We then went to Esholt where the original Woolpack from Emmerdale was found and of course I took a picture as I am in blog mode (it will slow down I am sure but once I have decide on something tend to go at full pelt)



Before going home we decided to go to Skipton to have a walk round the market and a look in the charity shops. We saw some swans on the canal so took a snap of those just to end the day



We are now home in our freshly decorated house with no workmen, no bare floors or exposed bricks what more could a woman want? Gordon Ramsey, David Tennant or am I just asking too much now?
Maybe next time I will show some of the cards I have recently done, nothing too great I am not professional just enjoy the hobby.
Keely x




9 comments:

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Keely
Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Blogdom.. and thank you for your visit today!
Thank you for the armchair tour of the Ribble valley...I am having one of my senior moments and can't understand the traffic cones... can you please enlighten me?
The ironing girl left home some time ago... had enough of domestic bliss!
Michele

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland Keely, lovely to see you on my blog.
Ooh, I just love Emmerdale so very excited to see 'The Woolpack'.

Please blog some of your work, I'd love to see it. You'll get the hang of links etc. Just play around.
x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Thanks for enlightening me Keely..
I will be able to sleep tonight now!

Happy blogging!

Michele

pink-petal-designs said...

Hi Keely, welcome to blogland !! Lovely pics and those fish n chips are making me hungry they looked really nice. I don't know what the traffic cones are for either??
Sarah x

Chloe said...

Hi Keely.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

You cant be a million miles from me if you were travelling near Skipton etc.

A little secret about me, I love Emmerdale lol.

The cone thing, all I can think is that its something to do with parking????????

JuicyFig said...

woohoo!! hiya Keely!

really great to hear from you - and glad you finaly joined the crowds!

The market is at PRESTON - last sunday of the month. I am all signed up for it, and had actually been thinking about asking you if you wanted to join me, sell some cards etc...when you leave me a comment!

Let me know what you think - and welcome to the wierd world of blog land...

Kath
x

Pipany said...

Hello Keely and welcome to blogging. Thanks for visiting my blog and I know you'll be addicted to writing your own. We all are!

The pictures were lovely xx

Twiggy said...

Those fish and chips look lush. I love Skipton, I bet you don't live too far from me either. Congrats on the new blog, you do realise you'll spend hours blog reading now don't you?
Twiggy x

Kate said...

welcome to blogworld! Yes the traffic cone thing is wierd.