Krafty Keely

Krafty Keely

Monday 14 July 2008

My Baby's almost a Man

It really doesn't feel 2 mins ago that my baby was just that a tiny(well 8lb 5oz) baby. After years of trying and a few miscarriages, both before and after, our son is almost into adulthood.


What's brought all this on I hear you ask( I know it's only in my head!) I went to see Mama Mia the movie at the weekend. I thought it was hilarious in parts particularly Pierce Brosnan's singing and Julie Walters version of Take a Chance on me should be seen to be appreciated.


The main reason that I felt the need to put pen to paper so to speak was one particular scene where Meryl Streep's character is helping her daughter prepare for her wedding and they sing slipping through my fingers or you can watch the download http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv8z-RRucso. Now if I were to say that this brought a tear to my eye I would be telling a big fat lie, I did in fact bawl my eyes out, there were streams, nay rivers coming forth. Why it should have provoked such a reaction I have no idea, I am even crying as I type so emotional am I.


I suppose it just brought home how quickly Callum has grown up and whilst he is still relatively young and unlikely to be leaving home for a number of years my role as "mother" seems somewhat redundant(I'm off again!)


One of the things it has made me do is re-assess the time we do spend together which is not really that much. So tomorrow I am taking half a day off as is he and we are playing Hooky yeah :-). The only rule is that we must do something fun and together and the best bit he chooses and drives! I will have no control and for me this is very strange. It has been commented on before that I am a little controlling the words control freak have also been levelled at me. Whilst I wouldn't disagree totally I do feel someone needs to be in control and in the absence of my dad I make a perfect candidate. Of course when dad's around he is without doubt the person in charge(when I let him).


So tomorrow should be a great day and I am really starting to look forward to whatever "it" may be.


I will leave you with some photos of Callum's first driving lesson which was on his birthday to say he was eager to drive really would be an understatement. By the way he is the taller one, I don't make many but I make them big and strong.


1 comment:

JuicyFig said...

OMG!!! Callum driving? I can't beleive it! (Taryn has asked for lessons for her birthday, but it doesn't seam real until you have just posted this!)
It cannot be 11 years since they all started Primary school - you've got me going now!

so - did you have a good day out?
where did you go etc etc, and have you taken your foot off the imaginary break peddle yet?

Kath
x