Krafty Keely

Krafty Keely

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Warning but don't be too ALARMED

Hi I just wanted to let you know about an experience that has recently unsettled us and thought I would share it with you all.
Craig had a call the other evening asking if we had an alarm fitted in our house. The guy calling explained that he was calling from an alarm company and they were looking for a house in our area to give a free alarm to.
Any way the guy then asked a number of questions including do we both work full time? Are we away from the House all day?
Craig agreed to an appointment for an advisor to call to the house and discuss the alarm and of course promptly gave him the house details.
To say that I was concerned would under play the conversation we had when I found out what had happened. I felt it was some sort of scam and could not believe the amount of detail my husband was prepared to go into with a complete stranger.
It came as no surprise to me that no one actually turned up to the house for the appointment.
I think that we were targeted by someone to establish if it was worth them visiting us whilst we were out, Craig disagrees and thinks they are just not a very good company and have lost the details(bless him sometimes his naivety is painful).
Either way in case it is a scam I thought I would share it with you so you can be vigilant. If it isn't then there is no problems for anyone and if it is you may just avoid a nasty visit.
Be safe out there!
Keely x

4 comments:

JuicyFig said...

Hiya chuck

love the cards - fab as always! and yup - tis worrying what information we freely give over the phone - beleive me, in my job people do it every day - every single intimate detail of their lives sometimes!!! tooo much!!!!

We must get together for a brew and a catch up soon! (these busy lives we lead!)

Kath
x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hi Keely.. I think you have very good reason to be concerned about this call. You can be certain that few, if any, companies would give away a free sample of anything without strings attached. I would be extra vigilant just in case..
Then again.. I am the world's worst worrier !
I automatically dismiss any cold calling on the phone and give them short thrift!

SugarPlumpFairy said...

Hiya!!

Hope your ok? That does sound like a scam, we get them at college, people will come round asking us for our details and bank details for student surveys and stuff.

Thanks for the advice! i will heed it and tell you how it goes! I dont like to leave things unfinished but ive tried and thats all i can do!

Love your blog!

Taryn
xxx

prettyshabby said...

how awful..i hate all these phone scammers..you dont know which ones to believe now-a-days..it does sound like a scam I must admit so thanks for the warning!

p.s im a snapdragon too!