Krafty Keely

Krafty Keely

Friday 18 July 2008

Playing Hooky


Callum and I did take half a day off on Tuesday and he decided he wanted to visit Tracy, my friend, his Godmother and the very lady who is getting married soon. On an earlier post I asked for ideas for her Wedding Hymns & Reading and whilst they are still making the Hymn choices the reading is to be Apache Wedding Prayer.

Tracy has just moved and is in the process of knocking down walls as well as organising her wedding, when we arrived she had just posted my wedding invitation which arrived yesterday and she has spent a lot of time on it.
It was sealed with wax!

She has then made each invitation



And inside included along with the invite details, all the RSVP info including e-mail, snail mail & phone numbers, a timeline of the day's events and just to top it all off in her very effective and organised way a full set of directions, where to stays(including prices) and best places to park.

If the day goes according to plan it is going to be fab!

On the way home we went to Barton Grange Garden Centre and we had an afternoon tea. As a child this was a favourite treat for both myself and my younger brother John.

I can remember the cakes, scones, cream and jam all being brought out on a cake stand and plates of sandwiches, bread and butter and crumpets and of course as much tea as we wanted.

As soon as I saw it on the menu I thought that was going to be my treat, I then found out to my parenting horror that Callum has not only not EVER had an afternoon tea but didn't even KNOW what one was!

Oh Shame on me I am not a good mother.

I of course insisted on him also having one. Out came 2 tiered cake stands with our goodies on and his eyes almost popped out of his head. We had a lovely time, we laughed quite a bit and indeed drew admiring glances from other diners(Callum said they were staring because we were laughing so loud) I choose to believe they were envious of the giggles.

Even with a dairy allergy we had a delicious afternoon tea and I have righted a wrong. Never let it be said my boy does not know what an afternoon tea is.

He now understands why I was so excited about the holiday we are due to go on soon. We are going on a cruise and they serve afternoon tea each day. We enjoy cruising and have been on a few but this is the first one that does a proper afternoon tea.

Before heading home we used the facilities and they were very impressive. If you live close to Barton Grange and haven't been pop in, the wash basins were lovely and the hand-dryers were fab. Callum was also impressed with the gents facilities as they had the most stunning urinals(I kid you not) I did not take my camera, but luckily he has one on his phone so went back in and took a photo, when I work it out I will get the pictures from his phone on to the PC and on the blog.

We had a lovely afternoon and something we will repeat again. All the things we could have done and he wanted to see his Godmother how cute is that?

Yesterday I managed some card making.

I made this card for my RSVP for Tracy and Mark

And its true we really can't wait I am soooooo looking forward to seeing her get married as well as catching up with some very special people that I haven't seen for far too long.

The next cards are for my nieces who all have birthdays coming up 2 on the same day!

Chloe's is first, followed by Charlotte and Coral

Let's hope the weather cheers up, have a lovely weekend Keely x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards and a really nice blog to browse. I have had fun looking at all you links and was so thrilled that you had me as a link too

Thank you for a very happy visit x

JuicyFig said...

really glad you had a nice day out together - and glad you haven't figured out how to get photo's from the phone yet!!!

Thanks for your lovely comment - it was a special day!

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......